flying after brain surgery
I ALMOST FORGOT.  I HAD BRAIN SURGERY ON APRIL 16,2008 AND AM WANTING TO FLY TO CALIFORNIA ON MAY 14TH, THIS WILL BE ALMOST 1 MONTH POST OP.  DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITS ALRIGHT TO FLY AFTER THIS TYPE OF SURGERY.  (HAD A CEREBRAL A.V.M. REMOVED)  THANKS FOR ANY INSIGHT.  TARA
Hi there.

Most doctors will clear a patient for commercial flight after 2-4 weeks of brain surgery.  By that time, the tissues would already have repaired to withstand changing pressures.  However, it is still best that you inform your surgeon about this and ask for his or her permission.  Possible complications can include headaches, dizziness, visual problems and serious ones such as intracranial bleeding (though uncommon).  I suggest you discuss this with your neurologist or neurosurgeon before you go.  Maybe a quick call can help.  Regards and God bless.
i had a brain anurism   and had a metal plate and clips put in which  then became infected and had to be removed i now have no bone flap on the left hand side of my head it's just a palm size dent like a babys soft spot would i be able to fly or with it being that soft would the pressure be to much ?