Neurology Expert Forum
pinchy feeling in arms and legs

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pinchy feeling in arms and legs

Hi There....

First thank you for taking my question....A couple weeks ago I started out with a pinching feeling in the back of my leg...sometimes a burning feeling...just hard to explain...but I know it's not supposed to be there...since then it has went to my arms..just seems like someone is pinching me...It doesn't happen all the time but lately it has been more frequent....It is worrying me and I am wondering if anyone has had this feeling or if anyone can enlighten me as to what it is....I am a 69 yr old woman in good health and would appreciate any input you can give me....
Thanking you in advance....Pammy1
What you are describing would be called paresthesias medically. There are various reasons to have paresthesias. What I would recommend is that you see your primary doctor and hav eit evaluated. If they find anything significant they may refer you on to a neurologist. Good luck.
Thank you so much for your answer...I have taken your advise and my primary doctor ran some blood work this morning....then we will go from there...
Thanks again....Pammy