Neurology Expert Forum
right sided facial numbness associated with right hand numbness

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been experiencing intermittent right sided facial numbness located just around the right side of my mouth and in association with right hand numbness, one never happens without the other.  This has been occuring for the past 6 months occuring randomly once or twice a month.  The numbness feels like a novacaine injection with some tingling.  I'm on 10 mg of zestril for high blood pressure which is under control at 110/40, sometimes lower.  Any ideas of what is causing this, could it be the zestril?

thanks
This is concerning for a possible TIA or mini stroke on the left side of the brain and is unlikely to be due to Zestril. Talk to your doctor ASAP about getting a carotid ultrasound to look at the arteries in your neck and get an MRI of the brain and arteries in the brain. You may need to start on an Aspirin a day. Other considerations include migraine or seizure, but stroke heads the differential diagnosis. Finally, the next time this happens, go to your local ER for urgent evaluation. GOod luck.
forgot something

I'm also taking Aleve to control menstrual flow as prescribed by a physician.  Taking up to 3 tablets daily one week before I'm due, I've made a correlation with my symptoms to this time period.  Could taking zestril and aleve cause these symptoms?

thanks again
Whenever I am taking a new med I look it up on www.medbroadcast.com.  There is a very informative section under drug check.

It lists possible side effects etc.  It might have some information on interactions of the meds you are on.

Hope this helps.
110/40 sounds really low.i have been told by my doc, that it shouldnt go lower than like 110/60.
Hi im 41 year old female i have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia 8 months ago. Recently i have been experiencing facial numbness on my right side of head/face.  i have weakness also in hands /arm on right side.  I don't think is part of fibro so im looking for answers as to why this is happening.  I was given a ct scan and no tumors or cancer was detected.  what are the commmon symptoms of MS and could this be that? please help me. thank you
A related discussion, seizures? was started.