Neurology Community
tingling/burning and sharp pain on my body

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I'm having this weird pain on my skin. First it started on my tight. Later it's speading out all over the whole body. I've experienced tingling/numbness in my toes, fingertips and now spread all to other part of body. My feet are cold. Some time I had a heat type sensation on my leg. Then little sharp pain like electric shock sesantion on my tight, feet. But it hurts and can last for a few minutes. My clothing felt like sandpaper on my body. Most of the time it feels like stinging/pins or needles...I tried to find on the internet for any similar symtomp but can't find it so far. I had a dr appointment last Friday and she said it's a virus which similar with cold, so she suggested to take Motrin, Advil. i've been taking the med for 3 days but it didn't do any good. Now it gets worst. I can feel the stinging/shot running all over, even on my tongue, eyes, gum, throat. it caused the blurry my left eyes, and my tooth hurt so much that i can't bite some time.Besides this tingling/burn/sharp pain i don't have any fever, tireness or any kind of symtomp indicating I'm sick.

Have any of you know any one that have the same symtomp? I desperately want to know how do they deal with it, and what is the disease?
Look up "peripheral Neuropathy" and see if this sounds like what you may have. I have peripheral Neuropathy and have the stinging and hot, cold sensations.

Good luck!
ive been feeling the same basic thing now for over 2 months,but its mostly in my legs,arms,stomach area,not face,had,mouth exct.
i have no clue what it is,but it just started out of the blue one day,and has not realt went away since,,not too long ago i was checked for diabetes,ct scan on brain,thyroid checked,ekg,and nothing,,im either thinking a few things,,maby you should research these ideas,,,
i doubt ms,,,but take a look at the symptoms,,,
lymes disease,thats a possibility,and hard to detect sometimes.
diabetes,,could be,but unlikely.
stress/anxiety,,good possibility.
they say the more something bugs you and is on your mind,,the more you will feel its effects,well its been on my mind alot for the past few days,and you know what?,,i feel it more then i have in awhile,,and mine goes all day long.
does it bug you some more when you tighten a muscle group up any?,,i notice that with me,and clothes does irritate me more too.
all i can say is your not alone
33 yr old w/male non smoker,stopped drinking...and now...FALLING APART!
IT ALL STARTED ABOUT 10 MONTHS AGO. MY FEET WILL GET HOT LIKE A BURNING SENSATION THEN PAIN. IT STARTED AS SLIGHT PAIN THEN IT STARTED TO TRAVEL TO THE REST OF MY BODY AFTER A FEW MONTHS. FIRST THE DOCTORS SAYS THAT I WAS PREMENAPAUSE THE IT WAS DIABETES. AS IT GET WORSE I HAD TO SEE A SPECIALIST, WHICH SHE SAYS IT'S DIABETES NEOROPHOTHY. WELL I CAN'T SLEEP AND THE GIVE ME ALL SORTS OF MEDS WHICH IS NO HELP.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ASSIST ME ON THIS.
Same thing happening to me. Started a year ago with pins & needles in hands. Then went all over my body. Eventually, it got so intense that the pins & needles seem like hundreds more and it's now feeling like terrible stinging. I also get heat from it. My skin hurts and I feel cold inside and hot outside of my skin and vise versa. It wakes me up at night and it's hard to breath since it's so intense. I don't know what's happening to me. I'm leaning towards something auto-immune since I have a positive RA Factor. We can both use assistance.

Going for an EMG and SSEP from my neurologist. I also have arthritis in all joints and spine.
My mother is experiencing many of these symptoms, does anyone have any follow up on what worked for them or what their problem was?  My family and I are DESPERATE for answers and all the traditional paths we are taking w/ docs and meds are not working.
Thank you in advance for your input.
your all having a panic attack... i came on this forum a while back before i knew these symptoms you all share were just those of anxiety, and the comments here just made me even more frightened, some of you jsut overdo it by bringing in your neuropathy and other stupid suggestions that i followed and brought me no progress whatsoever. just get in touch with a psychologist, who will simply educate you on what a panic attack is, why your experiencing them, and most importantly, how it can never kill you. Once you understand that these, ill admit quite frigtening symptoms, are just infact your body reacting to your stress and anxiety, than these bodily sensations wont seem so scarey/even life threatening anymore, and you wont assume the worst and think its going to ruin your life, because in actual fact its this pessimism which makes you develop such a panic disorder that has haunted some of the posters here for several years, instead youll know just to take a few deep breathes and understand that these sensations will go away once you calm down and will never come back again, except sometimes in moments of extreme stress, but thats normal were human beings in the strenueous age of the 21st century. hope my experience can help anyone that felt what i felt, and completely overcome it just like i did, cheers.