685?1277859592
News from the past to the future to share and discuss User Group
Flip Flopping
About This Group:

Do you have any kind of news--old or new or growing old that you want to share? Do you want to discuss issues that are of concern in the news? Do you want to share a perspective on how things are going in our Country, another country? This group is for covering the whole wide world because everyone is equally important whether we agree or disagree with their beliefs. The news can include information you want to share that you consider "news" worthy. If we do quote a news source, let's try to use a legitimate one. No extreme, shock journalism please.

Founded by Dazon50 on June 29, 2010
52 members

Flip Flopping

I thought this was really interesting.  Some Democrats are not in favor of same sex marriage.  There are hold outs in the party.  A few caved just recently and one has to wonder under what pressure.  But it is interesting.  Hope it goes back to the states and that the people of each state gets to decide.  

http://swampland.time.com/2013/03/27/with-flip-flop-frenzy-over-anti-gay-marriage-democrats-dig-in/
    Yes I will be following this as well. The complex issue would be what the status would be as regards legal rights and other concerns if a marriage was recognized in one state but not in another. There would need to be specific legislation to address this.
“If there’s tension between Johnson’s public position and his private opinion, he’s not alone. Landrieu has straddled that line, telling BuzzFeed Saturday, “I feel very strongly that people should be allowed to love who they love, but unfortunately my state has a very strong ban against gay marriage constitutionally.” Not only that, but last month a Public Policy Polling survey found that just 29 percent of Louisianans back gay marriage.”

I doubt Mary Landrieu is going anywhere near the Gay Marriage issue and will Tip-Toe around any form of Gun Bans (including high capacity magazines). She's enjoyed a long Political Career, at one time she was even considered for Kerry’s Running Mate. She is up for Re-election and knows this could possibly be Political Suicide for her.
There was no pressure... Democrats are allowed to "evolve" as they wish on any issue.
nursegirl6572 Looking forward to the leav... Comment
16 mins ago
Dalubaba commented on photo
51 mins ago
specialmom, brice1967, and melimeli commented on melimeli's status