Nutrition Expert Forum
Advances for incresing weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Advances for incresing weight

Hi. I'm 25 year old male. I would like to ask you about how can I increase my weight. I have 178 cm but my weight just only 132 lbs. Please give me some advices to increase my weight. Thanks in advance!
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
178 cm
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
60 kg
You are correct when you stated that you are underweight for your height. Being underweight, you have to gain weight slowly. Suggest you eat 3 meals a day and try to eat a Heart Healthy diet which will give you the nutrients, vitamins and minerals your body needs, gain weight slowly, and help with possibly preventing future disease states. Heart Healthy diet which is a moderate fat diet and a moderate fat diet means = using polyunsaturated (omega 3, corn oil, nuts, etc) fats and monounsaturated (olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil, etc) fats, no saturated fats (high fat snack foods, butter, fat spreads) and no trans fats. Eat low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork) or non-meat sources (soy products, nuts), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), low fat and substitute dairy products (1% milk, low fat/fat free yogurts, low fat soy milk/soy yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eat daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal). Have you tried weight training? That will help you gain lean muscle mass which does weight more and bulk you up. You can also try yoga exercising which is strengthening your body gently from inside out. Suggest drinking either nutrient dense drinks (in addition to eating your meals) such as ensure or make your own milkshakes - soy yogurt, soy milk, and frozen fruit blended together; or milk, ice cream, and frozen fruit blended together for extra calories, protein and nutrients to help increase your weight. Thank you for your question.
Dear Ms.Renee *********,

Thank you so much for your advices.

Wishing you and your family all the best.