Nutrition Expert Forum
Anaemia
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Anaemia

HiDr. I hope you can help with my question. Mine s a bit complicated so I will give some back ground. I was diagnoised in Nov 07 with Temporal Arteritis and in July this year with Benign Intercranial Hypertention.Also Sensory neuropthy and deficiency in B12,B6,and folic acid. The neuro tried to explain it to me but I did nt take it in.My question is, If your levels are that low would that explain why I feel so exauhsted all the time? I also have a very sore tongue and  am getting mouth sores and split sides of my lips. I am now taking 5mgs of folic acid daily. The neuro said you have to increase the Bs gradually? i hope you will be able to follow this! and give me an answer. Thanking you Cath278.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
5 Foot  3 ins
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
180 lbs. On steroids pred
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
One of the major symptoms of vitamin B12 anemia is fatigue. You stated you have sensory neuropathy. Did you develop that from taking large doses of vitamin Bs recently? You do have to be carefully with large doses of vitamin B6 and neuropathy, that is why your Neuro MD said it has to be increased gradually. If you have Vitamin B12 anemia and you may need Vitamin B12 shots, not supplements. Suggest additional blood work, if have not gotten it already, to determine if you really have Vitamin B12 anemia. Hope I answered your question..
3 Comments
Blank
397460_tn?1268537336
Hi Dr. Thank you very much for your reply. I had 3 mthly B12 shots in the spring but my neuro stopped them. Im not sure where the neuropathy has come from but I am scheduled for a E.M.G. next week. They will also review my bloods.I was concerened about the exaustion but if thats normal  then I can deal with it. Thank you so much for answering my question.Cath278
Blank
267079_tn?1195146570
You are welcome and glad to help you. Best of luck and hope all goes well.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank