High Iron
Recent blood work came back with iron at 194 (range was 40-175) TIBC in range at 337, and Transferrin Saturation at 58% (range 15-50%)... All other blood results were fine (within range). I am 49 in good health still have periods, 5'7" 132 lbs.  and in past 3 years changed diet to more healthy foods or so I thought...Am not a vegetarian but do not each much meat...eat beans, a lot of vegetables & fruits, whole wheat breads, and grains, fish maybe twice week, small amt chicken...My doctor thought it was supplements or leafy green vegetables..I was taking a multi vitamin but stopped 3 mos ago...it did have 30% of daily iron requirements.. Before blood test did not eat for about 13 hours....At 10 pm night before did eat 1 full pound cooked fresh green beans...Day before had 1 egg and 2 yolks on whole wheat bagel (enriched with iron)...That week ate a lot of eggs, turkey, and vegetables...Normally will eat I/2 large head of broccoli, or large spinach salad, or lb. of green beans, for dinner cooked with olive oil garlic, onions...Clearly not a 1/2 cup serving, maybe 3 0r 4 cups..Could my eating a lot of foods with iron that week have spiked the iron level...or could it be something else...I also was taking Tylenol PM one table per nite a few times a week for past many months...Inactive ingredients say "iron oxides"...Could that affect iron level?   Thank you for your help.
to my knowledge, having elevated blood iron levels is not something that is usually caused by eating abundant green vegetables.  certain heart defects can cause problems with iron absorption, but i am not an expert by any means in that area, so i don't want to give unreliable information.  i'd ask your PCP about this.

iron doesn't just ebb and flow in the body the way blood sugar does.  it takes awhile for it to increase and once it's high, it takes awhile for it to decrease...  therefore, your green beans the night before are not the culprit here.  your blood levels indicate you've had higher blood iron levels for at least a little while.  it could be leftover from when you were taking your daily multi, but that seems like an excessive amount of time for residual iron to be in your body.

i don't know.  ask your doctor!  iron toxicity is nothing to play around with.
ok .. please dont get freaked out  when i say this ok ? my ex husband.. had the same type of lab result...and so his doc gave him some other tests... turns out he has Hemachromitosis.. ( Iron Overload) this is a genetic thing.. and.. is VERY treatable!!  maybe the next time you see your doc.. you can ask about it.. most people are diagnosed though other ways.. because docs dont LOOK for it.. unless asked...my ex is perfectly healthy.. he just has his iron checked more often than usual.. should it get too high.. he simply goes in and donates blood..lol..here is  a direct link al about it

i had my son tested as well. and he is a carrier.. but will never actually have it. he could pass it on to his children.. so we will watch out for that as well...

best of luck to you !!  I am sure everything is alright!
I am so curious to know what has happened since your results? I am a 36-yeal-old woman with the same problem. Just got test results of iron being at 194. I googled and blinged, but not much info on internet on this. Hope you're doing better.