Nutrition Expert Forum
Hunger strike
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hunger strike

dear Doctor

what are the consequences of prolonged fasting?

I haven't been eating since Sunday. only one yogurt a day. I already lost 2 kilos. I drink water and tea with a a bit of sugar.

I don't know how long I'm going to keep hunger-striking. what could happen? I have some "extra kilos", maybe I could go down even to 75  before being underweight.

what could be the immediate consequences? are there any recommendations? does fasting give heart symptoms?

thank you.
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Male
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
183cm
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
87kg
267079_tn?1195146570
Our bodies need approximately 1200 calories a day to prevent it from having malnutrition. A prolong state of starvation will develop malnutrition (lack of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients) which will affect the heart and other body systems. The weight you lose is water-weight which we lose when we first diet and/or fast. Recommend eating healthy foods with proper servings to lose weight and stay healthy. Hoped this answered your question.
3 Comments
Blank
2143641_tn?1396681743
I lost 4kg in 5 days! is it normal?
Blank
2143641_tn?1396681743
thank you. circumstances have changed and I ceased the hunger-strike but I want to keep a diet the way you suggested!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank