Nutrition Expert Forum
gain weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies to food, Balanced Menus , Diabetes , Eating Disorders, Healthy Snacks, Hypoglycemia and Hyperglycemia, Nutrition, Over-eating, Weight Loss .

gain weight

How can I have a healthy diet and gain weight? I've tried to gain weight eating more than usual but haven't been able to, what food can I eat? Or is there a diet I could follow?
Are you (or the subject of the question) male or female?
:  
Female
What is your (or the subject of the question) height?
:  
1.56m
What is your (or the subject of the question) weight (kg or lb)?
:  
40kg
If you (or the subject of the question) is under 18, please state your age:
:  
20
You are underweight for your height. You need to consume approximately 1800calories per day to maintain your weight which is broken down to 3 meals a day, with snacks between meals. Since you are underweight, suggest gaining weight slowly, try to eat a Heart Healthy diet which will give you the nutrients, vitamins and minerals your body needs, and help with possibly preventing future disease states. Heart Healthy diet which is a moderate fat diet and a moderate fat diet means = using polyunsaturated (omega 3, corn oil, nuts, etc) fats and monounsaturated (olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil, etc) fats, no saturated fats (high fat snack foods, butter, fat spreads) and no trans fats. Eat low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork) or non-meat sources (soy products, nuts), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), low fat and substitute dairy products (1% milk, low fat/fat free yogurts, low fat soy milk/soy yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eat daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal). Try nutrient dense drinks once a day, either purchase them, such as Ensure or Boost, or make your own milkshakes - milk, ice cream, and frozen fruit blended together or yogurt smoothies - yogurt, milk, and frozen fruit blended together for additional calories, protein and nutrients to help increase your weight. Hoped that helped you.
Hi I am in a similar situation I weigh 42 kg and my height is 5'1 I'm 29 year female.
It's stressing me out that I am not gaining weight my doctor says that I'm stressed I don't believe I am I believe I'm stressed due to the fact that I've lost weight. Please guide me onto putting weight on healthy way. Thanks