Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Expert Forum
Osteonecrosis

Questions in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Michael H Kirsch and Dr. Mario Tuchman. Topics covered include teeth extractions, wisdom teeth, dental implants, bone grafting, orthognathic surgery, facial bones realignment, facial trauma repair, jaw alignment, anesthesia , jaw cyst or tumor diagnosis, reconstructive jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ) and TMJ surgery.

Osteonecrosis
I believe there is  a link between prolonged use of fosamax and oseonecrosis of the mandible.

Who might I contact for positive confirmation?
There definitely is a connection between bisphosphonates like Fosamax and osteonecrosis of the jaws. This has been well established and documented in medical and dental journals.

An oral and maxillofacial surgeon is the type of doctor that most commonly diagnoses and treats this condition.
Who is the foremost authority on the link between fosamax and osteonecrosis?

If possible, please reply to; ***@****