Can anyone help me understand this MRI report?
If anyone can read MRI's, your help would be greatly appreciated.  I will narrow down the parts I don't understand (and leave out the ones I do):

Findings:

At least partial thickness fissure is seen along the medial patellar facet.  No significant adjacent subchondral marrow edema.  No focal high grade chondral defect is seen along the medial or lateral tibiofemoral compartments.  There is a lobulated fluid signal intensity structure along the posterior knee adjacent posterior to the PCL, measuring approximately 1.5 cm CC x 0.9 cm AP x 1.6 cm TR.  This may relate to a ganglion cyst versus more focal fluid.  There is a tiny joint and bakers cyst.

((****yadda yadda...next paragraph discusses tibia))

IMPRESSION:
1. Negative for meniscal or ligamentous tear. (okay...I understand that).

2. Moderate marrow edema along the tibia, greater along the proximal third, with mild-moderate adjacent soft tissue edema, as seen on a single provided large field-of-view STIR sequence.  This may relate to stress reaction and reactive edema.  (Okay...so I believe this means stress fracture in the proximal third area of tibia).

3. Tiny joint effusion with tiny baker's cyst.  Fluid signal intensity structure along the posterior knee joint may relate to ganglion cyst or more focal fluid.  (The only part I understand of this, is I have a Baker's cyst).

Okay, the doctor tried to explain this to me, but I had a hard time understanding everything...what is going on besides the stress fracture and baker's cyst?  Thank you!!  Any help is greatly appreciated.
IT DOES NOT INDICATE a stress fracture but soft tissue swelling possibly due to stress reaction.
A bakers cyst is usuallt the result of a problem with the knee joint such as arthritis or a meniscal tear. Both cause increased fluid in the knee that can lead to a cyst. A physical exam is always done to check for medial or lateral knee pain. Popping or clicking in knee, this indicated cartilage tear and MRIs are not always full proof.
The underlying problem is usually treated first and may require a diagnostic arthroscopy. Cyst may resolve on its own or be drained and in rare situations be surgically removed.
A knee arthroscopy and menisectomy or debridement requires three small incisions and you will be on your feet the same day. Dont worry and ask the Doctor to clarify if you dont understand. Louise
After doing a little research online, the stress reaction and marrow edema ARE suggestive of stress fracture (shin splints).  If you are unsure what your dr was talking about, call up his nurse and have her review it with you so you know what the heck is going on.  You can google stress reaction and marrow edema on MRIs and find the info as well.  Best of luck.  
"foolproof", not "full proof". How's that shoe-leather tasting?