Orthopedics Community
Dislocated Collar Bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Dislocated Collar Bone

About a year ago i dislocated my collar bone bowling. The drs couldn't do anything about it because it tried to go back into place but didn't make it all the way, just about 85% of the way. I dislocated it again while I was sleeping, I don't know how exactly, but the pain is even worse and the bone looks like it is going to tear through the skin. What could the doctors do to treat this permanently? Is surgery the only option I have?
Hello stem8

Dislocation of the shoulder joint is frequent and occurs when the humeral ball slips out of the glenoid socket. The most common cause of a shoulder dislocation is a fall. A dislocation can also occur when the arm is moved into an awkward position by a violent action, such as a football tackle. This is also associated with the dislocation of the collar bone or the clavicle.
Refer: http://www.orthorogerson.com/ultrasling.htm

You need to consult the orthopedician for external fixation with the sling for 4-6 weeks.
Avoid the moment of the hand and take ibuprofen for pain management.

Best
I am now in much pain. Many years ago, playing Rugby I took a fall and dislocated the clavicle. Bone almost coming through the skin. Can anyone advise on treatment. The pain is unbearable.

i had dislocate my bone at my wrist when i fell from the guava tree almost 10 years ago it was treated but now im 23 years of age when i exert so much force the bone in my wrist back to its dislocation..can it treated again witout the used of surgery???

I dislocated my collar bone at the sc joint approx 8weeks ago playing rugby and things are moving very slowly with the nhs because they are not sure what to do about it. My feeling is that 8weeks on and i still have no strength in it and if i try use it, it will pop and cause me alot of pain which leaves me useless for days and i need to get back to work as soon as possible. Has anyone had any experience with this injury? im getting very fed up of being kept in the dark so if you can help it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

sam
I have a same problem in Ulna, Radius and Carpal Bones
1year ago no treatment and no checkup in the doctor
Since May 1, 2011 I played basketball and I got injury in my wrist
the bone is dilocated, the position of ulna now is in the bottom and the radius is bigger until now
Im suffering in my condition because Im clumsy and so sad in incident/reality