Orthopedics Community
HAnd problem
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HAnd problem

Hi i have a joint injury  to middle knuckle joint.Should it get looked at by an orthopedic ? or leave it alone again  it was not until i heard a loud pop sound and almost  immediatly it turned black is bluish. Every so often it will go cold and turn a purplish bluish color an go semi numb is this nerve related also the joint kind of stick out a little
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

This could indicate nerve or vessel injury/ compression. I would suggest getting it examined by an orthopedician to rule out fractures, dislocations or injuries to soft tissue structures. Meanwhile I would suggest giving it adequate test and avoiding extreme movements.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi again!

If you still have symptoms, I would suggest getting it evaluated by a primary care physician or an internist to look into neuro-vascular compromise, which may not be related to a three year back injury.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
You have mentioned symptoms of the hand going cold and numb. If these persist and evaluation for neurological and vascular cause may be required
Blank
1711789_tn?1361311607
Yes, an orthopedician can evaluate for neuro-vascular causes, though there are several other possibilities that could present similarly, which may not fall under the expertise of an orthopedician and hence, evaluation by a primary care physician/ internist is preferred.
            Raynaud's phenomenon refers to vasospastic disorder and could occur in association with a few conditions. You could read more about it online.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...