Pain in old broken bone injury.
I fractured a bone in my wrist about 17 years ago. Several times since I have had intense pain that shows up randomly in the same spot. A few weeks ago it started to hurt even worse than it did when I initially broke it. It won't go away and I can barely use my hand at all. Even small movements can set it off including spreading my fingers apart. I'm a gifted musician and I'm very worried about it. I live in upstate NY and we have several inches of snow right now. I've heard that barometric pressure changes can affect old injuries but I can't deal with this for several months every year. Is there something I can do? I'd rather have it re-broken and re-set to avoid this if needed.
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, tendonitis, bursitis, stress fractures, dislocations, injuries to ligaments/ tendons, neuro-muscular causes, avascular necrosis etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you. I'll have to go in and get it checked. It no longer hurts but now I'm expecting it back at any moment.