Orthopedics Community
Wrist and Thumb Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Wrist and Thumb Pain

About a year ago I was playing baseball and swung the bat and felt like i pulled something in my wrist and now, a year later, i tried swinging today in the batting cages and felt like i tore something again, and i cant bend my thumb down without so much pain. Any idea whats wrong with it? :(
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

It can be stiffness. Apply ice packs and take NSAIDs for couple of days and avoid movements of the effected joint.

If your present symptoms continue beyond a week then you would need to see an orthopedician.

Take care!
Hi Nicky, sorry about the wrist and thumb pain, i've been going through thumb joint pain for a year now and for me its not good.  my suggestion is find the BEST "orthopedic hand doctor" and yes the specialize in hands.  don't just go for the closest to the house unless he's the best.  don't get a youngster and find out if the doctor has had complaints against him through the internet.  i had my first hand surgery messed up by first doctor and i never did research on him.  good luck nicky    Phill