"popping knee"
ever since i completed a household project (painting, refinishing, some flooring) last week my left knee "pops) as i walk and put weight on it, sort of like cracking your fingers.  it's not painful, but very annoying.  i had orthoscopic surgery on this knee about 7 years ago.  any ideas as to what the popping could be?
Hi Dear,

The pooping knee may be due to Discoid meniscus which is an abnormally shaped meniscus within the knee joint.
The discoid meniscus can cause problems, usually a popping sensation with pain over the outside part of the knee joint.
If there is a popping sensation, then conservative treatment consisting of exercises and stretching can be performed. If these treatments do not relieve the symptoms, arthroscopic surgery on the discoid meniscus would be helpful.
Best.
Take care
Hi!
I've run cross-country and track for a number of years now and all of the sudden my knee started popping.  I've never really had a sports injury in my life and I don't know what seems to be the problem.  I'll be running on our dirt track or on the grassy field and that's when I notice that it pops.  It doesn't really hurt, but I can hear it and even feel it pop.  Also, this last year in track I was running fine until the last few weeks of track.  Then they weren't popping, but they hurt when I'd run on them.  Can you help?   Thanks!