Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
Abdominal pain,bloating,weight gain

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Abdominal pain,bloating,weight gain

Im 23 years old and have been having chronic pain in my lower abdomen for the past couple months. With that I have bloating 24/7 and constipation. I've also gained about 35 pounds in the last three months which is really abnormal for me. I don't eat things that are bad for me if I even want to eat at all. Lately the pain feels like it's getting worse as well as for the past week I've been spotting dark brown thick blood. I've had ovarian cysts in the past. My doctor insists it's IBS and just keeps giving me pain medication and nothing makes it better. I have a gastro apt. in about a month because thats the closest time they can get me in and thats what my doctor suggested. IN PAIN ALL DAY EVERYDAY...Don't want to assume the worst..but at this point I'm considering going to the hospital. Suggestions would be helpful
Hi There
it sounds like you need to see a doctor for a careful exam, pap smear, blood work, and possibly an ultrasound.
take care
Need some advice, Iam 26 with 2 children and my peroids stopped just over a year ago.Sence then I have done nothing but gain wait.I dont eat that much as I always fill full and have been having some bad probs. with gas( admitted to A&E) also constipation. When to see my doc. on a number of occations , also been getting quite bad pain in my lower back , pelvic and top of my legs. Reffered to GYNE and had vaginal scan, cyst found in my right ovary.lady was asking me questions and seemed shocked my bloods came back normal.So now Iam really scared.
She said that my doc. with prob. check me again (what for ?) Didnt now what to ask at scan as I was expecting them to say everything was fine and my peroids would just come back on their own.Back to see Gyne on monday and dont know what to expect or ask.
Also me and my husband have been trying to concieve (conceive) for the last two years, without fail.Hormone tests , thyroid and diabities are all fine.

Any advice would be of great help
thanks
Hi there,
I am glad that you are following up with your gynecologist. It will be helpful for you to carefully review the ultrasound and your lab work with the gyn doctor. If you have not have a period in a year, you may have a problem with ovulation and hormone imbalance.
best wishes
Hi Ness-

I am having the exact symptoms. Although, I am 39 years old.. but my weight has escalated tremendously and I am cautious about what I eat..

Did you seek medical help? If you did, what was the prognosis?
A related discussion, Testing was started.