Ovarian Cancer Community
An Update on My Brain Mets

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

An Update on My Brain Mets

Hello, everyone.  It has been a long day having just got home from seeing new doctors and having more tests.  I met with a radiation oncologist who ordered a more detailed MRI.  It showed 4 tumors instead of 3, although it's not as bad as it sounds because the tail end of the large tumor is really a smaller tumor.  We talked about getting a 2nd opinion which he supported.  So the plan is that we will go to Mayo on Monday and be evaluated by a neurosurgeon, after that I see a radiation oncologist.  If all goes well, I will be having surgery on Tuesday.  So that is the plan.  I want to thank you all for your care and support.  The most amazing part of this journey is the grace and peace that we have been given by God.  I am at peace, whatever the outcome.

God bless you all.
Christa
Here's hoping and praying that this is the answer and that relief from all this can be found in Minnesota. It is a gorgeous time of the year to welcome you.

The Minnesota Mary's (Ravenlady and me)....sorry if I am missing anyone...are sending you nothing but good wishes.

Mary
best wishes for you and your family next week my thoughts and prayers are with you all,sharon
Mary and Ravenlady, I am originally a Minnesota girl myself, having grown up in Northfield and living in Rochester for about 12 years.  So I do look forward to getting back to God's country, even if it is for brain surgery!!