Can ovarian cysts turn into cancer?
I am told I have a golf ball size cyst on my left ovary. They say it may go away on it's own, to wait 3 mos. then re-check. I have pain with it quite often, especially during my period. I also have an inflamation in the cervix/uterus. I used to take Zelnorm for Irritable Bowel Syndrome until I read that it caused ovarian cyst in some females. I am not sure if this medicine was "THE CAUSE" but, I have taken birth control for 17 years to regulate my period & have never had trouble of any kind with cysts. I have a few questions on this... Can cysts if left alone turn into cancer? Can a cyst keep you from having children? What are the chances of a 2cm cyst rupturing & is it painful? Are my birth control pills too low a dose to melt away the cyst? (Levora 28 day tablets) Have you heard of Zelnorm causing ovarian cysts? What should I do next...wait??? There is & has been many types of cancer in my family. Everyone wants me to go to a real "female doctor" for a second opinion even though I have had a ultrasound & a vaginal probe. I am 30 years old, have no children, but would like to have at least one child. Can anyone give me any suggestions? All comments welcome!

Concerned in Conover, NC
I have a lot of the same similar problems.  They diagnosed me about 5 or 6 years ago with polycystic ovary syndrome.  I am 26 years old and my problems started when I was about 17.  I have horrendous pain about 2 full weeks before my period and facial hair on my sidebburns,neck and a few on my chest.  I very rarely will have a period.  They told me these are very common symptoms.  Along with balding (thank goodness I have never had).  They have tried everything (birth control etc...) I have had no luck.  I do know that my diet and weight have played a big role in this though.  The worse you eat and the more over weight you are the worse the symptoms. Also, all of the hormones that they put in the food also cause majority of these problems.  Do you have any of those symptoms?