Ovarian Cancer Community
Cystadenoma versus cystadenocarcinoma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Cystadenoma versus cystadenocarcinoma

A Pelvic Ultrasound and Transvaginal scanning have been completed and the test results indicate  1) 7.9 cm complex left ovarian cyst.  Cystadenoma versus cystadenocarcinoma.  The left ovary measures 8.5 x 6.5 x 5.4 cm and contains a 7.9 x 4.8 x 5.4 cm complex cyst with at least three loculations and a few septations identified.  2)3cm right ovarian simple cyst.  Simple cyst.

What does this mean in lay terms and what are some logical next steps?  How quickly should I move forward to take care of this matter?   The doctor has scheduled blood work including a CA125 and I am waiting for the doctor to go over the results.  The doctor is not available for 1 1/2 weeks to go over the test results and schedule next steps.  Should I be seeking someone in the interm to give me more information or is it safe enough to wait the 1 1/2 weeks?  My mother or siblings have never had any cancer concerns but my maternal first cousins have dealt with ovarian cancer and one or two have died in their 40's from it.
Any information you can offer would be greatly appreciated.