Ovarian Cancer Community
False positives results with OVA1 test
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

False positives results with OVA1 test

Hello,
Regular ob/gyn does not think the tumor is cancerous, but OVA1 test says it is likely.  I know OVA1 test has a high chance of false positives.  Not sure what to do, stay with ob/gyn -- or go to an oncologist for surgery?  Would the oncologist now feel the need to do a more extensive surgery to rule out cancer?  I don't have insurance, so I am worried about the expense too.
Tags: OVA1 test
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
1242509_tn?1279124464
You are not specific with what exactly have they found and how did they find it. But if anything is suspicious warrants an evaluation fron a gyn/oncologist!! Various blood tests are used a guides to help Dr's determine the next course of action, they should never be used as the only way to make a diagnoses. You need a transvaginal sonogram and if you had one and there is something suspicious then you need to have a MRI. Get copies of all your tests as you are entitled to them all. Post with any other questions you may have.
Good Luck
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...