False positives results with OVA1 test
Regular ob/gyn does not think the tumor is cancerous, but OVA1 test says it is likely.  I know OVA1 test has a high chance of false positives.  Not sure what to do, stay with ob/gyn -- or go to an oncologist for surgery?  Would the oncologist now feel the need to do a more extensive surgery to rule out cancer?  I don't have insurance, so I am worried about the expense too.
You are not specific with what exactly have they found and how did they find it. But if anything is suspicious warrants an evaluation fron a gyn/oncologist!! Various blood tests are used a guides to help Dr's determine the next course of action, they should never be used as the only way to make a diagnoses. You need a transvaginal sonogram and if you had one and there is something suspicious then you need to have a MRI. Get copies of all your tests as you are entitled to them all. Post with any other questions you may have.
Good Luck