Ovarian Cancer Community
Hormone imbalance after hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hormone imbalance after hysterectomy

I had a complete hysterectomy 5 1/2 years ago at the age of 35 for a borderline serous tumor in one of my ovaries.  I have been on the vivelle dot .1mg patch for several years with no problems.  Lately, I have been having symptoms of low estrogen like hot flashes.  Unfortunately, my gyn oncologist has retired so I have been seeing my regular ob for my yearly follow up. When I mentioned this to him at my last exam he basically told me unfortunately I am on the highest patch dose and he does not want me to take oral estrogen since there are higher risks so nothing he could do.  I feel like I should get a second opinion because I feel like there may be other options for me.  At the age of 41, I can't stand these hot flashes not to mention the depression and anxiety I am now experiencing.  Can you tell me what kind of doctor would be best for me to see?  I am wondering if I should be seeing an endocrinologist.  Any guidance would be very appreciated!  Thanks!!
1 Comment
Blank
Hi,
How are you?  As mentioned from the other post, seeking other doctor's opinion or referral to another gyn oncologist may indeed help. Management of emotional issues such as depression and anxiety also needs to be discussed with your attending. Support groups such as our medhelp hysterectomy community may also help during this time. Hope this helps. Take care and best regards.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank