Ovarian Cancer Community
Just really needing some encouragement...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Hi I'm 20 and last September I was rushed to the hospital because I passed out in the shower from blood loss. I ended up being admitted for 4 days, getting 6 blood transfusions and a D&C. Ever since then I have been in a constant battle with my body on trying to figure out what can stop me from bleeding. I switched gyne drs and thought I found the solution with a certain bcp but then 2 weeks ago I began bleeding uncontrollably again. So I went to The Womens Hospital in Houston and my dr made me begin a pill plan where I took 3 bcp a day until the bleeding stopped. Well I did that and it stopped for about a week and a half. Well this past Sunday long and behold I began bleeding again, very heavily... So yesterday I called my Dr and she told me that they were going to go ahead and move forward with ANOTHER D&C then go from there. Well I had pre-op today at the hospital and while I was feeling out paper work we found out that she is also going to perform a lap cystectomy along with the D&C to remove a golf ball size cyst. Like I said I need words of encouragement.... I've been reading up on cystectomy's since I really didnt know what they were and now I'm kind of nervous....
Tags: Laproscopic Cystectomy, laparoscopic
1 Comment
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Were you able to proceed with the D and C and cystectomy? I understand how you are feeling.  If you were referring to ovarian cystectomy, this  is usually  performed in those benign conditions of the ovary in which a cyst can be removed and leaving a functional ovary in place. This procedure is applicable most specially in women of reproductive age. Prior to the operation, the surgeon and anesthesiologist usually discuss the procedure to ease any worry and to give time for any questions that you want to clarify. Talk to your doctor about this and stay positive always. Take care and do keep us posted.