Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
MRI results for ovarian cyst - could this be cancer?

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

I am a 42  and recently had an MRI for a large ovarian cyst with solid properties. Given the holidays and the doctor's vacation, I feel like I'm not getting all the information I need and it's just a waiting game.  I heard through the nurse that the doctor said this needs to be removed and I'm in the process of getting a surgery date.  However, the doc is still on vacation and I'm worried this may be cancer.  

Can someone help me decipher these MRI results?:

large T2 bright mass measuring approx. 6x5x5 cm.   T1dark and likely ovarian cystic neoplasm or cyst.
mural mass within the cyst is 2cm wiht a portion T1 bright. Hemorrhage in that portion is possible
mural complex nodule shows some central enhacement with contrast
No significant free fluid
No evidence of iliac adenopathy
Then says minor inguinal adenopathy

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!!
Hi There
it is hard to wait for your doctor.

Most cysts are benign.
some are related to ovulation.

cysts that do not go away with a menstrual cycle can be benign tumors such as serous or mucinous cystadenomas, endometriomas, dermoid cysts.These are all benign growths that are completely treated by surgical removal.

Very occasionally a cystic mass can be a cancer.

For a cyst that does not go away, the next step is surgical removal
best wishes
please let us know how things are going
I know it's next to impossible, but try not to worry too much until you can talk with your doctor. I know when I got the call about my cyst on a Friday afternoon, I left work because I was so distraught, and barely slept for days. I did a ton of research online, which for me was good, because I was able to prepare a two page list of questions and concerns for when I did see the doctor. Though, for some, research can allow your mind to get carried away. I hope you're able to talk to your doctor soon!! Very best wishes to you with the outcome and surgery!!!