More cysts on my ovaries
I had cysts on my ovaries about 3 months ago. Now they have returned. I have 3 cysts on each ovary. one of them on my L ovary is 4.5 cm. My GYNO gave me a Depo-Lupron shot to slow down the function of my ovaries. Because of the size of these ovarian cysts I am concerned about it turning into cancer. Also I wondered how big a cyst can get before it becomes an emergency.
There is no concrete answer to when a cyst becomes too big which can result in complications for your ovary. If a cyst becomes too big it can cause the ovary to have torsion which can cut off blood supply and place the ovary in jepardy. 4.5cm is no too big but needs to be watched. Also please ask your gyn if he/she is a 100% sure this is a simple cyst. If it comes time to have it removed PLEASE make sure they remove it intact. All too many times I read post in which the gyn thought it was "just a simple cyst"only to be found post maseration via pathology it was something else. If at any time the gyn says there not sure then go to a gyn/oncologist for a diagnoses as they have far better outcomes.
Post with any other questions you may have.
Good Luck
Kevin