Ovarian Cancer Community
Neulasta
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neulasta

Considering the Neulasta shot within 24 hours of chemo.  Seems to be a lot of side affects regarding bone pain.
Trying to decide if it's really necessary with the neupogen shot available later.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Thank you
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
415684_tn?1257332918
Neupogen shots are generally given daily for 5 to 7 days.

Neulasta is one shot.

Also, and I am not sure if this helps with side effects, BUT I get the shot in my "belly" as opposed to the arm.  Actually, the shot is given just below the waist.  I grab an inch of fat (no problem, there) and squeeze it, and the nurse gives me the shot.  I don't feel the shot hardly at all.  Most women get it in the arm, but I worked for oncologists and many patients there preferred it in the "belly".  It has worked great for me.

Personally, I would NOT go without the shot since I have little pain associated with it.
I am blessed in that regard.

Judy C
Blank
408448_tn?1286887421
I had some bone pain while in chemo, but I think most of mine was from the Taxol.  Like Judy, I had little if any side effect from the Neulasta.  It kept my counts close enough to normal so that I got all treatments as scheduled.  Good luck. Marie
Blank
349465_tn?1289085364
I think some people attribute the bone pain that comes with the chemo, to Neulasta.  The bone pain I had on carbo/taxol was intense.  I didn't have the Neulasta shot. My ONC was opposed to using it unless it was entirely necessary.  IOW, he didn't use it as a precautionary drug.
Blank
415684_tn?1257332918
bump
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979