Ovarian Cyst L Side, tugging and pulling increased
I recently went to the doctor because I had minor pain. I have had a ovarian cyst rupture on the left before. It was very sudden. This time it has been building itself. So the ultrasound stated: A small volume of pelvic free fluid is present. Ovaries are prominent in size bilaterally. Right ovary measures 2.8 x 2.9 x 4.2 cm. A small volume of right adnexal fluid is noted. There is normal Doppler flow to the right ovary. Left ovary measures 1.7 x 2.1 x 4.6 cm and contains a 3.4 cm complex cyst. There is normal Doppler flow to the left ovary.

IMPRESSION: . A complex 3.4 cm left adnexal cyst, appearance favors hemorrhagic cyst. Small volume of pelvic free fluid. Consider ultrasound followup in 6 to 8 weeks to evaluate for interval resolution of the complex left adnexal cyst.

But this pain, sometime sharp, sometimes dull, a pulling or tugging at time... it is NOT going away and I am scared of Ovarian Cancer, no history but I have Polycystic ovarian syndrome and I have had HPV before. Is this thing twisting slowly or should I be more aggressive in getting this resolved. I am driving myself absolutely nuts.
I would not worry about ovarian cancer. Your pain is consistent with a ruptured ovary which can hurt a lot. Ovarian cancer is usually painless until late stage which would show up on the ultra sound.. There is no relationship between ruptured ovaries and ovarian cancer. If you do not have the BRCA gene you have a 1.4% chance of ovarian cancer in your lifetime. Less if you are in your 40's or younger. 98% of ovarian cysts are benign. It is extremely rare to have ovarian cancer in both ovaries. You still have a very very small chance of cancer because you are a woman but I would not worry. The fact they are doing follow up is good. The cyst they describe is filled with blood very unlikely to be cancer. If they thought it was cancer they would send you to a gyn/oncologist and you would be in surgery in days. It is normal to worry about the unknown.
Alex
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated doctors in your area?