Recurrent ovarian cancer in lymph nodes
Four and one half years after original diagnosis,I now have evidence of residual cancer in a small collection of retro peritoneal nodes  and also in the left supraclavicular area. The plan is to use radiation therapy to treat these areas. I have had three previous operations. There is no present evidence of any disease within the peritoneal cavity. The described nodes are evident on a PET scan and the CA 125 has been going up by 20% a week. How effective can radiation therapy be in this situation? I have previously had Taxol, platinum,gemcitabine and two experimental therapies.
I would also like to know how effective the PET scan is in picking up metastatic lesions in the spleen.
I have recurrent ovarian cancer in the lymph nodes in the left
side of my chest below my left clavicle and above my heart.  One
node was removed from my right clavicle the size of an olive.
I had l5 low dose treatments of taxol and carboplatin, but recurred in the same area 5 months later with no spread yet to other organs.  I tried one more dose of taxol and carboplatin and had a bad reaction.  If anyone knows if surgery or radiation is an option, or different chemo treatments, I would appreciate hearing from you. I have the most aggressive cell.  Hate to lose my hair again too. What a tough disease and hard to live with.
A related discussion, Where can my cancer spread while I am on a chemo "holiday?" was started.