Ovarian Cancer Community
Right Hip pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Right Hip pain

Has anyone else with ovca experienced hip pain? Especially when sitting?
Tags: bowel
I didn't have cancer, but I did have severe right hip pain prior to having my ovaries removed. I had bilateral cysts and when the doctor did the surgery he said my ovaries were matted to my bowel and bowels to my pelvic wall. I am assuming it was the adhesion mess that somehow did something to a nerve connected with my hip because I am pain free since surgery. My pain was inner hip where it connects to the groin and it even hurt to lie on my side. I had suffered for months and was told it was not connected ot my ovarian cysts, so I bit my tongue and waited to see.

The largest of my cysts was on the right side and the hip pain was so bad that I was concerned about how I would be able to be comfortable after the surgery since I would spend at least in the beginning, a good deal of time in bed...sleeping had become very uncomfortable. I noticed the difference the day of the surgery and I am so glad that pain is gone.  

Best wishes to you. Are you having other symptoms?

Sharon
yep I too have the hip pain nikia, and other odd happenings ( ovca 3c ). Everytime something new hits my body, I hope it wont be another normal part of this disease.
Best of luck to you, and heres to hoping it's not a norm~
butterflytc
I have had pain in my left hip since July, it's actually almost gone now, but it was so bad it hurt when I sat, stood up, and walked. That's what prompted me to go to an orthopedic doctor, who found cysts on my left ovary and fluid, which prompted all my testing now. I don't know yet if I have OVCA, I just had my second IVUS, waiting on results, have follow up next Tues with gyn/onc for second ca-125, first was elevated. And I am having a hysterectomy on Jan 16, I do have adenomyosis causing a lot of pain and still have cysts on both ovaries for over two months. I will let you know when I find out, then I will know for sure if they are related. Have a great new year!! Hillary
Thanks so much for your response. I'm having symptoms such as bloating/fullness in my stomach, alternating  bowel movement between constipation and diarrhea, pain in lower abdomen, feeling full after eating a small amount of food, etc. I had an abdominal ultrasound, not transvaginal, last week my doctor is waiting on the radiology report. He said the preliminary report said I have a cyst on my left ovary and wanted to wait until my got the radiology report back. I also had a x-ray done Friday but haven't gotten the results back. I have an appt. with my gyno. 1/8/08. I'm praying that I'll found out something soon.

Reading PDXSharon's post I have the same problems you did. How were you diagnosed with the adhesion?
The adhesions where found when he did the surgery to remove the cysts/ovaries. I'm 47 and to that point had 3 prior abdominal surgeries, so he was certain he would find adhesions. He described them as, "matted" and said he had a hard time even finding the ovaries. It you do a google images search on pelvic adhesions it shows you what they look like. Adhesions are an unfortunate result of surgery and the doctor told me mine will grow back and that they begin as soon as they finish the surgery. I also had the other symptoms you list. Please keep us posted.

Sharon
I am having so much hip and buttocks pain.  So much has been going on, but need to do a post and see if anyone else is having thi.  God bless.  Yvonne
So sorry to hear of this pain.

In case any of you are interested, I just posted a ton of information on the new Hysterectomy forum on this site. I responded to a woman who was starting to develop adhesions. Hope it is helpful for some. It saved me for sure!

The format on the new hysterectomy forum is very different...just a heads up. I like many of the changes on Medhelp...but...Gosh, I hope they leave the forums as is now. Not too many changes at once...right :)

Mary
A related discussion, Cyst with hip and digextive issues was started.