Ovarian Cancer Community
Update on Ashley. Exciting news!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Update on Ashley. Exciting news!!!

Hello my friends,

A quick update on Ashley.  She is now 6 years out from treatment.  Her appointment yesterday was excellent.  Nothing to note, which is the best news.  Better yet, is that although 3 different specialists told her she would never concieve (conceive) with her one quarter of one ovary that has been bombarded with chemo, I am so happy to announce that she is the proud mommy of a beautiful baby girl.  Born January 15th, 7 pounds 8 ounces and 22 inches in length.  She delivered her via C-section due to the baby being breech, but other than that mom and baby did and are doing very well.  She named her Luna Renea.  Miss Luna in fact was born during a full moon phase.  This is proof miracles happen and one should never give up hope.  I must say that grandchildren certainly makes all things right in the world again.  I hope you are all doing as well as can be and I pray for all of you daily.

Take care,
Bob
That is beyond amazing news. I am so happy for your whole family. And very happy to hear baby Luna is in excellent shape. Our DIL who has lupus went through chemo and they told her she should not have any children because her eggs might be compromised. Heart breaking news. But just a week ago, they were able to adopt a brand new little girl. Having a new grandchild in the family is always a great thing to treasure and celebrate. This is why we always tell folks, never give up hope. We don't always know what's around the corner for us. Congratulations to you all. . . . . . Grampy.  :-)
How wonderful!

Alex
Bob - wow, you cannot believe how happy this has made me!!!   Ashley a mom!!!!   AMAZING!!!!!   I am so happy for her...and you, a Grandpa!!!!

I think of you both very often!!!!

Please congratulate Ashley for us!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and sharing the great news!!!!

Pam
Oh Bob, thank you so much for taking the time and stopping by and updating us "old timers".  It is so nice to hear the Success Stories.  It's been 7 years for me, still fighting along.  Congrats to Momma and Grandpa!!!  And of course Best Wishes to Ashley's continued Health and love that baby Luna, what a precious name.  
So wonderful to hear.

Best to all of you.

Jane
Amazing news!!!!  Happy Easter :-)