Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
What to think-enlarged uterus and cyst

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

What to think-enlarged uterus and cyst
I have had pain for 3 months or better. Finally got to painful and had to go to the ER. They did blood work and an ultrasound, which in the ER the said I had a right ovarian cyst(bleeding). Didn't say much more than try to keep your ovaries. Finally got into the GYN and he said almost nothing about the cyst I had to ask about it. He talked more about the enlarged uterus. Did an exam and then said I have three options: nothing, wait it out, or go in and take a look. Told me it all depends on how much I like my organs (was trying to joke with me a little). Said it was all inside and that he can’t do much right now. Problem is I have an auto-immune disease and a history of cancer in the family. My blood work is all over the place: low platelet (181 in Feb to 118 now), white blood count high, red blood count low. I have read the symptoms of ovarian cancer and I fit almost all of them. Wouldn’t they say cancer if they thought it was an option after the US. I don’t know what he means when he says “inside”. I have seen him lots, has delivered my kids, my ectopic, and my miscarriage. I decide to have the surgery and look to know for sure, said if have to take organs will do it then. Does this mean he is expecting too? UUUGGGGHHH, I make myself crazy
Hi there,

sometimes taking a look inside to evaluate cysts and pain is the most reassuring option. When cysts are benign, you can put it behind you.
I hope everything went well with your surgery.
best wishes
When do questions get answers on here?
Sorry to hear of your frustrations. I would possibly seek out a different doctor for another opinion if your doctor will not provide more detailed information. Best wishes to you!!
I had scope done and saw lots of small cysts. He said that he sent stuff to pathology. Is this normal? Had one done years ago for cysts and didnt' send on then.
I had the scope done, don't see my doctor till the 18th now. He told my hubby that there are some cysts and not worried about them. Found a piece of skin that was stiched to somewhere it shouldn't have been and cut that. Also said things looked normal, but would have to remove my women parts early. Toke a sample for pathology. I had a bleeding cyst, that is why we went in. I am not feeling any different. Bloated, feel like I could puke all the time, back hurts,tired. Surgery and nothing changed. I keep going back to cancer in my mind.
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker