Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
endometrial versus ovarian

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

endometrial versus ovarian
What is the difference between these cancers and their treatments. I understand the differernt origination points but how do they grow, spread, and react to treatment?  Are all adenocarcinoma's alike? Thanks
Hi There
cancers are all different.
A cancer that comes from the lining of the uterus is called endometrial cancer. A cancer that comes from the ovary is called ovarian cancer.

Treatment for both cancers involves in part, at least, the removal of the uterus, cervix, right and left fallopian tubes and ovaries. For ovarian cancer , it is rare to not need chemotherapy. That is for just about all women unless it is a stage I cancer, they will need chemotherapy.
For women with endometrial cancer, usually surgery is enough although occasionally for more advanced cancers radiation and  chemotherapy are sometimes added
best wishes
I had stage 4 endometrial. After surgeries it's now just on my diaphragm. I'm taking hormone treatment. If this keeps growing on my diaphragm, will I just not be able to breathe oneday? Why doesn't it show on a CAT scan - the surgeon saw it on both sides of the diaphragm.
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker