functional cysts
I am 33 years old and have been having pelvic pain on the left side for approx. 3 months. I stopped taking the b/c pill around this time also. In the meantime, my mom was diagnosed with stage 3C OC.  
I finally went to my ob/gyn. My CA 125 was 14. A transvaginal US showed a cyst on the left ovary.  My dr said it is a functioanl cyst and didn't seemed concerned.  
My question is this: How long should it take for this cyst to dissolve?  The dr mentioned that in 6 months he could do another US if I still had pain. I am not sure I am comfortable waiting this long, considering my mom's history. I probably wouldn't be as worried about this if my mom hadn't just been diagnosed 6 weeks ago.  Thanks for your help.
Renee
I understand that it is probably not cancer. Yet, how long should the cyst take to dissolve? Should I have another US sooner than 6 months?

Renee