Ovarian Cancer Community
questions regarding treatment,diagnosis & risk factors

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Did anyone have NONE of risk factors for ov ca? How did you learn of your ov ca? How soon after discovery did you have surgery?  I have complex mass 13.8 x 8.4cm upper right pelvis. - with ascites, mass covering part of colon, more ascites near diaphragm with peritoneal i
plants there.Due to busy OR.surgery no sooner than 030513. Does this seem ok? When i saw gyn onc Friday 021513 he wanted surgery next week.  This is so new to me
Does this scenario sound good/bad?  Should i get second opinion?   Either re MD, OR, plan?  I'm in S.California... 49, scared... trying to navigate this with grace & without loosing track or temper. Gyn onc told me about surgery, follow  by chemo, and I will be lucky of i don't have relapse within a year. Wow!!  Any
feedback,  suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.    Thank you.
1 Comment
I had similar findings. Mine did turn out to be stage IIIc Cancer. I was in surgery in a week and had six rounds of chemo. Almost a year out I am in remission and doing great. I am riding horses, training dogs, taking yoga, and dance lessons. I am going to be 50 in April and I am the healthiest I have been in years. You might get a second opinion only because you may be with the doctor for a long ride and you have to like the doctor you are working with.

I was scared and just went with the first Oncologist and he was awful. I ended up switching Doctors and hospitals in the middle of chemo. I love my new hospital and Doctors, the facilities and support are great.

The fear of the unknown is the worst part of the whole experience. I have forgotten the surgery and the chemo. It is a distant memory.  I luckily have a great Primary Care and Gynecologist and a Private Non Profit Cancer Support Center.

Alex