Ovarian Cancer Community
runny nose with chemo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

runny nose with chemo

Does anyone get  runny nose (excessive) since they have started aon their chemo?
Yes, runny nose and post nasal drip.  So glad to hear I'm not the only one.  I've never heard anyone else mention it and I've told the Dr about it but she never says anything like "That's common or not common or expected or because of..." etc.
I was told part of the reason this happens is because when you lose your hair, you lose it everywhere...including your nose.  So it has a clear path, so to speak.  That was from my first Oncologist, however, and I'm not sure I trust him to know his own name anymore.

Gail
Come to think of it, I had a runny nose while on chemo. In fact it would just start running and I'd be scared that it was a nose bleed, but thankfully it wasn't. Embarrassing when you're eating dinner and your nose starts running. Strange side affect.

Jane
Yes had nasal drip with both my chemo regimes, And thankfully stopped after some hair grew back. Also my eyes used to water with every change of atmosphere ie room to room, indoor to outdoor etc again it stopped a few months after treatment.
hi new  to your forum- yes i had a runny nose  - when i didn't expect it and it was during my chemo - and a post nasal drip which caused a lot of coughing at night.-sheri