Sex after TAH
I was told Friday that I have an 8cm mass on my left overy that needs to go.  The doc says that I must have both ovaries removed but I have the choice weather or not to have my uterus and cervex removed.  I think my cervex is important to my sex life.  Is this true?  I am very upset that I have to have my girl parts removed!  Are orgazams diffrent after a TAH?  Will I even have a sex drive after loosing my overies?  People I know say have the total hysterctomy, but non of them have had one.  Can anyone tell me what to expect.  
I think I would first be asking why they want to remove both ovaries when only one has a cyst.  Is there more than what they are telling you?  What kind of cyst is it?

The minimum surgery would be to remove just the cyst.
The next option would be the cyst, the ovary and tube
The next option would be the cyst, both ovaries and both tubes
The next option would be cyst, ovaries, tubes, uterus
The final option would be cyst, ovaries, tubes, uterus, cervix

Why go all the way to the last of several options?  It sounds excessive and more aggressive than average, unless there are more problems found than just a cyst.

You might get better answers regarding life after TAH on the hysterectomy forum, but first it is important to determine if that much surgery is even necessary.
Thanks for your comments....I will definatly be adding this question to my list of questions to ask the Doctor when I put a call into her in the morning.