PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Can I have post traumatic stress syndrome because of my husband's ...

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Can I have post traumatic stress syndrome because of my husband's affair

My husband and I have been together for 25 years we have an 18-year-old girl with a new granddaughter and we have a 12-year-old daughter.... On April 12, 2014 he went to visit his son's grave because it was the anniversary of his death. A friend of his is buried nearby so my husband stopped in to visit his widow. One thing led to another and an affair started. She is 20 years younger than we are even though she has short purple hair and is quite a bit overweight she is still 20 years younger than we are ..... Anyway ,He didn't come home that night and gave the excuse that he was too drunk to drive and stayed on a friends hammock outside. On 17 April he was late coming home and on 23 April tried calling and saying he was too drunk to drive again but I insisted on going and picking him up..... He beat me home..... After a lot of yelling he admitted to having affair with his friends widow. It was a lot of crying and apologizing and talking and I actually thought that this may help our relationship because it had been stagnant for about a year. I got over it pretty good and things were good for a while. They were actually better. On September 4, 2014 I walk outside and caught him on a prepaid cell phone that she purchased for him. That is where my trauma begins. I went absolutely crazy I blamed God I cursed God I took it out on God a lot I went absolutely crazy my whole world ended. Over the next few months it was really hard I sent her emails never threatening but I sent her a lot of emails just wanted her to talk to me and to apologize and to explain why ...I did know her ... I emailed her jail house pictures threatening to send them to her family her job (oh yeah did I mention that she works at the same place my husband works ) anyway she supposed to be a Jehovah witness and religious I emailed her just stuff like that. She took me to court she hired a lawyer and she got an injunction against me which will be up on July 7. That is my story and my question is I think I'm so traumatized and I'm going insane. I think about it constantly I fake being happy , he just wants to forget about it and things are OK as far as he knows but inside I'm dead..... I put on a pretty good face for my children I have no money to leave him I really don't want to leave him but I will never forget.... It hurts so bad I cry all the time and I just don't want to wake up in the mornings anymore... I would never hurt myself I respect my family too much for that but how do I live the rest of my life with this memory with this hurt with this pain how do I keep living.... Thank you to anyone who reads my story and any advice would be appreciated..... I feel so sick and hurt and this is what my future will be, I am only 53 years old how do I live the rest my life with this in my head and in my heart and in my soul... I have been with this man and trusted him for half of my life he has been half of my life and now my life is over.......
Tags: years
keep us updated on any progress ok and yes I think that you may develop PTSD let me know if you start to get nighmares or flashbacks