Aa
A
A
Close
Off Lexapro and onto Welbutrin
I was the victim of an aggravated assault and shortly afterward my house was literally hit by lightening.  My doctor put me on Lexapro and it worked for the PTSD anxiety, but I gained a surreal amount of weight.  I have friends who were being treated, not for PTSD, but for depression, and they shared that they were having success with Welbutrin.  Can anyone address whether it works for PTSD as well?  I've been on it for a little over a month and the weight's coming off but I'm scared a panic attack may come my way if Welbutrin was the wrong choice.
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
535822 tn?1443980380
It may be a good idea to put this onto the Expert/Doctor Forum or the Pharmacist forum , go back to the forum list and look to your righht for the expert forums . Good Luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I tried, but it gave me a message about not taking any more posts for today.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
535822 tn?1443980380
Try putting your question on the anxiety forum some good folks there will be able to help you .Good Luck
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
why are you telling me to send this post to a community I don't fit into?  I don't have GAD, I have PTSD.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
535822 tn?1443980380
Sorry I thought the question was about the 2 meds and the anxiety forum deals with meds,I know Lexapro is given for GAD .. you are right you are asking about Welbutrin for PTSD, maybe others will have the answer .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community Resources