PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
Prazosin

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

Prazosin

today i was prescribed prazosin for nightmares i have PTSD and i can't sleep and when i do i have nightmares and wierd dreams about sex & drugs & alcohol yeah i want to know if anyone out there has ever tried it thanks?
Tags: prazosin
I took Prazosin for about a year. For similar reasons, buy I have PTSD, bi polar and DID. You will really need to keep an eye on your blood pressure. Like getting an electronic machine to take you blood pressure and heart rate befor you take the medicine. If top number is below 100 and bottom number below 60 do not take it or u will not wake up at expected time or pass Out standing up. I was switched to inderol. I still check my blood pressure but stays more stable than with the prazosin. The drug us a beta blocker so one thing that might change is the affectivenes of allergy medication. If u need to take allergy medication, you may finde that u have to take more to get the full result. Overall with those couple side effects, prazosin worked well for stress management and nightmares/flashbacks or bad memories. It does not take them away but it lessens the intensity of them. I hope this helps.
  • combination of meds (3 replies):
    I was diagnosed with ptsd about 18 months ago, along wit...[more]
  • MEDS (3 replies):
    I am a Viet vet and the VA has me on so many meds. I am ...[more]
thank you !