fear and phobias taking over my life
i have racing thoughts everyday and i am so exhausted...i had to take swiiming lessons that was mandatory and the teacher used to make us lay on our stomachs and put our head under for 10 seconds....i always would jump up and panic and she would make me do it again and again!!!!!! she would tell me to go home and put my head in front of a fan for 10 seconds to hold my breath...i used to go to the water fountains at school and put my nose under the faucet to the point that i was torturing myself!!! everywhere i go i have these racing  thoughts....i have spoke to many doctors and none seem to help....all i wish for is the racing thoughts to stop and train myself that i am an adult and i shouldn't be doing these things to myself....my doctors have me on xanax0.25 mgs 3x a day and ambiem to sleep...when i wake u in the morning i get sick and vomit and have loose stools frequenyly....i torture myself during my shower due to these racing thoughts....why can't i just train myself that i am ok and don't do these awful things to myself...these racing thoughts are making me being drawn to the fan and again it tortures me...i can't even drive with the car window down cause it takes my breath away....all my friends laugh at me when i tell them...i am so desperate to get help i feel like i am dying.
i also forget to say that  i was only 8 years old when this happened and some doctors mentioned walking me out in a lake and desensitize me...well that doesn't work and swimming is the least of my worries right now i have to figure out how to get rid of these thoughts of making me do these crazy things to myself!!!!
my mind races too the doctor said it is normal to have racing thoughts!?
You need to get professional help.  A Psychiatrist can help you get a handle on these run-away thoughts.  I am the same way, especially about my breathing.  I still have problems with worrisome thoughts, but the Psychiatrist gave me tools to help me keep them away.  It is a lot of work to get better but it's totally worth it. Things will get better for you!
I can't fully understand your situation. But I can understand the problem you are having with racing thought going in and out of your head. I've been having anxiety attacks for the last month now... I've had more or less irrational thoughts, they started when I went home on my R&R leave from Afghanistan (2 week leave) Ever since I have had thoughts that ?'d everything that I believed in... Recently I'm fighting a new anxiety. My thoughts are constantly running telling me I don't love my new wife. It hit me one night in the middle of no-where. I know its a irrational thought THAT WONT STOP POUNDING IN MY HEAD. It's like 2 voices and there constantly kicking your ***- arguing back and forth. You have to tell yourself most of all- "In time it will past" You have to make yourself believe it... Counter everything your thoughts tell you to do.. If they are telling you- you have to do this and that. Laugh at it.. "HA, why would I do that" It worked for me when I had my first anxiety attack- sure it lasted only a week or so. But my mind was like in prison. An it sucked.