PTSD / Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Community
stress and hostile work environment

This community is for discussions relating to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Please note, this community is not monitored by professionals, rather questions will be answered by other members of the community.

stress and hostile work environment

My boss is a very angry and mean person.  He takes out anger on employees that won't stand up to him....i am one of those people.  He always is mentally abusive and quite frankly i've been working for him for almost 3 years and i can't take it anymore.  I am however looking for another job but is there any laws against this?  Is there anything I can do to stop it?

I would greatly appreciate some feedback.
I am uncertain about the rules where you live, Have you tried standing up to him, you say he takes it out on employees that dont stand up to him...It does sound as if he is the one with the problem, have you spoken to any superiors or is he the big boss. There are no laws on you leaving the job,I am uncertain if there are any rules about a bad personality. Good Luck