Alternative to Hydrocodone
Hi.  Given the fact that I have major pain in my feet and hands after hard labor, I still need something for my pain especially on the weekends.  During the week it is tolerable but after hard, hard labor on the weekends I am almost unable to stand, walk, type, or open a jar.   Since hydrocodone is so addictive what alternatives are there that are strong enough to eliminate the pain. Hydrocodone works perfectly for the pain but I find myself wanting it and using it more than prescribed.  I need something less addictive.
Aleve has always worked the best for me. H
couple quick questions....has this always been a problem or just since quitting the pills? does it feel more muscle or joint related? what is the hard labor exactly and how is different from the week to weekend? and dont think i ever asked how you got started down the path you did.. H
You should try Tramadol.  It is not a narcotic. I suffer from Osteo-arthritis in both knees from 4 knee surgeries, and a dislocated disc in my back.  Tramadol comes from the morpine family hard to get addicted to.  I am disabled from my injuries and I have been on hydrocodone and it never took the pain away and I have take darvacet, percacet and to my surprise Tramadol works for me and my quality of life is so much better and I am 48 yrs old!!!
Has any one heard of Kratom, this is what I take for my pain with great releif and it is non addicting.  I have a friend who makes a liquid resin extract out of the kratom leaf and has been for about 4 years.  
Be careful with the Tramadol.  It is in fact highly addictive.  It is considered a non narcotic, but its dangerous just the same.  And the WD coming off of Tramadol is worse than Hydro WD.  Trust me...I know people that have been addicted to them....and they are hell to get off of.
   With Tramadol being somewhat addictive, you can experience WD & DT's.  Speaking from personal experience, Tramadol has little to no WD's 'if' taken for a short while.  When taken as a steady regimen for longer than 3mo's then you may experience WD's, but only if you quit 'cold-turkey' or stop taking the drug w/out weening off it. Your prescribing physician should always taper-off any patient who needs or wants to stop taking Tramadol just like any pain medicine, esp. opioid pain meds such as Tramadol.  But more important, Hydrocodone WD's(withdrawals) is much more difficult to endure than Tramadol's WD's BY FAR!!! In fact, all/most pro football players who get hurt w/minor injuries on the field are given Tramadol to ease the pain so they may continue to play the rest of the game.  Case & point: Vicodin is far more addictive than Tramadol AND has more adverse side-effects esp. when it comes to withdrawals and detoxing.  So, if you're wanting a less addictive drug than Vicodin...Tramadol is the better of the two.