Burning on and around left shoulder blade.
When I was 17 I began feeling a slight burning sensation in my left shoulder blade.  It occurs at random times and the time it can last also varies.  As I have gotten older it has only gotten worse.  I am 20 years old and I have 2 jobs that require me to move my arms allot.  I try not to over-exert my left arm because it can trigger the pain.  There is no one trigger that i have found. It starts and stops at random and I have yet to find anything that really helps the pain go away.  My boyfriend tried to massage the area thinking it was a knot and that can make it worse.  At its worst it burns all around my shoulder and into my neck.  It can hurt so bad that I will randomly spasm causing even more pain.  CAn anyone tell me what I may be experiencing? I have a history of arthritis in my legs but I dont think that would be the cause though at this point I am not ruling anything out.
Ay feedback would be greatly appreciated. I feel that I am too young to be experiencing this.  
it could indeed be an arthritis flare up.  it could also be firbromyalgia or a pinched nerve.  have you had an mri of your shoulder yet?  if not, that would be the best place to start.  good luck and i hope you'll let us know how you make out!