Pain Management Community
Burning on and around left shoulder blade.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

When I was 17 I began feeling a slight burning sensation in my left shoulder blade.  It occurs at random times and the time it can last also varies.  As I have gotten older it has only gotten worse.  I am 20 years old and I have 2 jobs that require me to move my arms allot.  I try not to over-exert my left arm because it can trigger the pain.  There is no one trigger that i have found. It starts and stops at random and I have yet to find anything that really helps the pain go away.  My boyfriend tried to massage the area thinking it was a knot and that can make it worse.  At its worst it burns all around my shoulder and into my neck.  It can hurt so bad that I will randomly spasm causing even more pain.  CAn anyone tell me what I may be experiencing? I have a history of arthritis in my legs but I dont think that would be the cause though at this point I am not ruling anything out.
Ay feedback would be greatly appreciated. I feel that I am too young to be experiencing this.  
it could indeed be an arthritis flare up.  it could also be firbromyalgia or a pinched nerve.  have you had an mri of your shoulder yet?  if not, that would be the best place to start.  good luck and i hope you'll let us know how you make out!