Pain Management Community
Butrans patch for pain management

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Butrans patch for pain management

I was talking to my pharmacist the other day about this new patch called Butrans. Apparently it is new and I have never heard about it before. The patch lasts for 7 DAYS. I stopped using the fentanyl because my hands, legs, and feet swell up and I have alot of trouble peeing. Then I ended up with a kidney stone that took 5 weeks to pass. I have been on morphine, dilaudid, and oxycontin. My nerve blocks only last about 1 month and I can only get 2 a year, so that is over with, now I am trying to find something to manage my pain. Also my doctor died 2 weeks ago (he was 91). So, I saw a doctor this week who gave me a script of 20mg oxycontin (30 days worth), but 20 mg is not enough so I have been taking 2 pills every 12 hours. I don't know what to do. Any one know about this new patch?
Just so you have a little background, I herniated 2 disks in my neck 9 years ago. Time flies when you are having fun :) I have been though everything over the years and the blocks were my savings grace, since they are no longer and option I am back to narcotics as a way of life again.