Butrans patch for pain management
I was talking to my pharmacist the other day about this new patch called Butrans. Apparently it is new and I have never heard about it before. The patch lasts for 7 DAYS. I stopped using the fentanyl because my hands, legs, and feet swell up and I have alot of trouble peeing. Then I ended up with a kidney stone that took 5 weeks to pass. I have been on morphine, dilaudid, and oxycontin. My nerve blocks only last about 1 month and I can only get 2 a year, so that is over with, now I am trying to find something to manage my pain. Also my doctor died 2 weeks ago (he was 91). So, I saw a doctor this week who gave me a script of 20mg oxycontin (30 days worth), but 20 mg is not enough so I have been taking 2 pills every 12 hours. I don't know what to do. Any one know about this new patch?
Just so you have a little background, I herniated 2 disks in my neck 9 years ago. Time flies when you are having fun :) I have been though everything over the years and the blocks were my savings grace, since they are no longer and option I am back to narcotics as a way of life again.
I just started with these patches and cant take them! On the 2nd day of wearing the 1st patch, i tore it off my chest! I have stomach issues and some are un diagnosed and my tummy pain became very severe! The patches do not target my pain in my stomach or my back, I only feel lightheaded and sometimes, I dont know What I am doing?  These scare me and I know my body and I asked my doctor to STOP THEM AND SHE SAID NO!!  i will not be on these any longer.Most people seem to like them, but i dont!!