Pain Management Community
Calcific tendonitis in shoulder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Calcific tendonitis in shoulder

After 3 injections, years of physical therapy, and needle aspirations of calcium, I am asking for feedback about relief from this pain with arthroscopy surgery.  Is this really helpful long-term? Calcium is inside bursa/rotator cuff.
Hi Nan,

Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post. But sorry to hear about your years of shoulder pain.

I don't have a definite answer for you. I doubt the surgeons will have it either....but in my opinion it's worth a try. Our bodies are all different. If your body continues to develop and deposit calcium in the bursae/rotator cuff it is my guess that down the road this may build up again. However that could take many years.

If you are miserable and your life is effected by your pain and a surgeon is offering you favorable results I would certainly opt for the repair. Weight your pros and cons and do your research...(it sounds like you are doing just that)... you can then make an educated and informed decision based on what's best for you.

Hopefully one of our members will have personal information in this procedure. I am sorry that I do not.

I wish you well and hope that you will let us know of your decision and outcome. I'll look forward to your updates.

Take Care,
~Tuck