Pain Management Community
Chroni pain around waist and right side stomach

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

I have been in terrible pain for the past 4 weeks and put it down to eating a meat pie (greasy).GP says its IBS (easy way out). Had gall bladder removed some 30 years ago and a hysterectomy, and this is when all my prolemn s started.  Pain was so bad that a week ago I called an ambulance and went to hospital. The doctor there just felt around my stomach and told me to take Paracetamol 4 times a day. He didnt even x ray me or do blood test. To,ld him I was very disappointed in not being admitted as when this has happenned in the past I have been admitted on put on a drip and after about 3 days am stabilised and the pain subsides somewhat. Took myself off to have a private scan on my Pancreas and kidney which proved negative so I can only think that it is adhesions. Am getting desperate as my life has come to a full stop. Never go out as it is painful to walk. Just dont know where I go from here. Well I do, but it's too drastic to mention.   Have tried various IBS medications to no avail; Take di-hyrecodeine which helps, but then of course this gives me constipation.  Terrified to eat anything in case it makes me worse. I'm b egging for help but no one wants to know. I get the impression that I am a bloody nuisance to my doctor and also my family are beginning to get fed up with me and are siding with the doctors. Might as well fnish it all. Have no life anymore just pain day in and day out.