Chronic Shoulder Pain
I forgot to mention.....besides the Bone Marrow Scan, the Dr. wants a Chest Xray too.  What does a Chest Xray have anything to do with Shoulder Pain?  And would these two additional tests show anything more than the Shoulder Xray and MRI?????  

Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to understand all this and especially a Chest Xray that dosen't seem like it should be associated with Shoulder Pain.
A cheast x-Ray may be to see if ur ribs are aligned and whether they may be contributing to any of your shoulder problems, you may want to request a scan of your neck while you are undergoing tests as sometimes compressed nerves in the cervical region may also cause refered pain to your shoulder, good luck
I think the chest x-ray is a good diagnostic tool.

Our bodies are designed to work in harmony as one unit. Pain can often be referred, meaning coming from one area but felt in another.