Pain Management Community
Chronic head pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Chronic head pain

I have chronic head pain, its not a headache.  It is sensitive to touch and causes me pain in different places and at times all over.  It has been progessively getting worse over the last several years.  I have been treated with Fibromyalgia (not diagnosed yet), but have taken Lyrica about a year back.  I have this head problem all the time regardless of any FM symtoms (symptoms).  I just had a baby and am nursing, so I'm limited with any medication I can take, but I desperately need answers to what is going on with my head.  I feel lots of tenderness in my face during some of the occasions, so I have wondered if it could be related to my sinuses?  I do not have other sinus symptoms, but wondering?  I have lots of neck and upper back trouble as well and these pain often seem related to my head issues.  I was treated by a chiro the last year due to a car accident /whiplash/, so I also wondered if that could be the cause, but this pain in my head has been there longer that the car accident, but I was rearended a couple of years ago as well and had partial whiplash when I was a teenager as well.  I also cut my head open when I was 16 on my soft spot area, which hurts when I'm suffering from this pain.  Anyway, it is sensitive all the time, more so when touched and just basically is very hard to live with...anyway help would be great!!
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am sorry to hear about your undiagnosed head pain but glad that you found us.

Have you had an MRI or Brain CT with contrast? If not I suggest that you request one. This should rule out any major disorders.

Sinusitis can cause facial pain including forehead pain. I have not heard of it causing cranial pain but anything is possible. Recently I had cranial pain following a head injury. It was annoying to say the least. I hope you will get to the root of your problem.

If all else fails request a referral to a PMP. Once you are through nursing your baby there are medications that may be effective. I know nothing about nursing mothers and any medications that may even be available to them. So check with your physician.

Our members may have better suggestions for you than I do. Good luck and take care.

Tuck