Pain Management Community
Consistent abdominal pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pain management, chronic pain, arthritis, back pain, cancer, headaches, movement disorders pain, and muscle pain.

Consistent abdominal pain

I am a 19 year old female, I just recently gave birth to my daughter about 5 months ago by way of c-section. During about my 6th month of my pregnancy I developed a debilitating pain on my right side about where my appendix is. It was so bad I was admitted to the hospital for a week, and after being checked for appendicitis and a few other things, they released me saying they had no idea what was wrong. The only thing that was abnormal was I had an elevated white blood cell count. From the night the pain started it has not stopes or gotten any better. It is a constant sharp, stabbing pain. It affects everything I do from how I walk to how I sleep. Now since that visit to the hospital I have been back a few times, I have had x-rays, cat scans, M.R.I.s, and all I get told is that other than an elevated white blood cell count nothings wrong. I am desperate for an answer so maybe I can get some relief so when my daughter is old enough I will actually be able to play with her.  
Hi Lorr,

First I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad you found this Forum. I want to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum only CP - Chronic Pain - Patients that help each other with our OWN expertise and experiences that we have developed through our OWN CP Issues.

I want to congratulate you on the birth of your Daughter BUT I'm also VERY sad that you are having so much trouble with this pain that you can't seem to get rid of.  YOu MUST keep investigating this as there is DEFINITELY something wrong.  Has your Doctor considered the possibility that there has been some scar tissue that has formed after your C-section?  This can cause EXTREME pain and can be VERY difficult to diagnose.

I HOPE that you will let us know what you find out as we are VERY concerned about how you are feeling....Sherry